PRIVATE PRACTICE 1985-Present
Counseling Psychologist with over 30 years’ experience working in the Netherlands and London UK with clients on a wide range of mental health issues, including ADHD, workplace burn-out, life transitions, depression, anxiety, career and acculturation/integration issues, and parenting. Provide individual, couples’ and family services both short term and long term as well as cognitive behavioral techniques.
Offering online sessions from the comfort of your own home/office/location.
- Stress and burn-out regarding expected and unexpected life transitions: work, a move, a loss, planning next steps, building bridges and resilience
- Strategies for managing conflict within relationships
- ADHD and depression diagnostic evaluations and testing using the DSM V
- Couples’ therapy with a focus on the effect of ADHD on marriage, “mixed” marriages, communication skills, separation, divorce and step families
- Family therapy for families with ADHD, the impact of the symptoms while helping implement useful structures
- Working with depression, including full evaluation and treatment considerations, impact on relationships and professional life using cognitive behavioral interventions
- Cognitive behavioral techniques to address negative influences and mindsets that impede performance
- Personal consultations on leadership skills, personal growth, and managing the work environment
- Supervision for professionals, students regarding general psychotherapy issues and ADHD
QUALITY MANAGEMENT CONSULTING 1997-2001
Director of Quality Management consulting to businesses, schools, hospitals, etc. in the areas of:
- Project Management; setting up a project plan with quality improvement goals that are measurable.
- Organizational Training to aid in setting up a system-wide implementation of Quality Improvement goals.
- Workshops on Continuous Quality Improvement principles and how to set up teams that for specific goals.
- Survey development, outcome measurement, and data collection to help prioritize Quality Improvement Projects.
BRIGHTON ALLSTON MENTAL HEALTH ASSOCIATION 1985-1997
Director of Quality Management and member of senior management team responsible for:
- Driving/overseeing the implementation of Quality Management and prioritizing Continuous Quality Improvement goals.
- Training and directing the Quality Council and Quality Improvement Teams.
- Consulting to outside agencies regarding Quality Management and Continuous Quality Improvement.
Director of Group Services/Staff Psychologist responsible for:
- Individual, family and group outpatient psychotherapy
- Developing and facilitating cross-cultural sensitivity training for a variety of community-based agencies.
MASSACHUSETTS MENTAL HEALTH CENTER 1982-1985
Staff Psychologist with primary responsibility for:
- Providing individual and family therapy for Latino inpatient and outpatient clients. Consulting for hospital concerning culturally competent service delivery with Latino clients.
CHELSEA PUBLIC SCHOOLS 1979-1982
Bilingual Counselor for Latino students in elementary schools
M.Ed., Counseling and Guidance, Boston University 1978-1979
M.Ed., Bilingual Education, Boston University (Title 7 Scholarship) 1977-1978
B.A., Early Childhood Education and French Literature, Tufts University (Cum Laude) 1974-1977
Sorbonne Institute, Tufts in Paris Program 1976
International Institute for Research, Boston 8/97, “Implementing a Provider Initiated Outcomes Measurement Project Case Study”
Massachusetts Council of Human Service Providers, Boston 10/97 “CQI and Leading Effective Teams”
Behavioral Outcomes Guidelist and Sourcebook, 11/97, “Overcoming the Resistance: Clinician Considerations in Measuring Outcomes in Behavioral Healthcare.”
Compassion Fatigue Certification Course
The Nurtured Heath Approach-Certified Advanced Trainee
Emotionally Focused Couples’ Therapy
Harvard University: Mindfulness
Massachusetts Center for Dispute Settlement: Mediation Training for Mental Health Professionals
BACP British Association for Counseling and Psychotherapy
American Mental Health Counselors Association
NIP Nederlands Instituut van Psychologen
IATP International Association of Trauma Professionals
English native; fluent in Spanish and French